Online History Tutors
Principal Tutors provide private online history tutors for GCSE and A-level.
Welcome to our premier online history tuition service, led by highly qualified teachers based in the UK. We understand the importance of a strong foundation in history and recognise that students may require personalised assistance to excel in this subject. Whether it’s catching up after periods of absence, striving to achieve target grades, or facing challenges with specific topics, our dedicated team of educators is here to provide the support and expertise needed. With a focus on individualised instruction and a comprehensive understanding of the UK curriculum, we are committed to helping students unleash their full potential in history. Join us today and embark on an enriching learning journey that will deepen your understanding of the past and pave the way for future success.
Why Choose Principal Tutors?
- We are teachers and we know the UK curriculum (no students allowed!).
- We tutor-pupil match for you.
- We can record all lessons at your request.
- We provide written feedback after every lesson.
- We provide customer support (again, by a teacher).
Why Principal Tutors?
We help at all levels of the education system to achieve their true potential and academic goals.
We only work with Qualified teachers who have significant classroom experience teaching the UK National Curriculum.
Tutor-Pupil Matching Service
Simply tell us about your requirements and we will introduce you to the right tutor for your child. If you are not happy, we will allocate you an alternative tutor at any time.
Personal Customer Support
With years of experience in the education field, we can provide you with a personal touch to customer service, so that you can contact us to discuss any aspect of your child’s education any time.
Online GCSE History Tutors
GCSE history provides a comprehensive understanding of key historical events, developments, and themes that have shaped the world we live in today. The course aims to foster critical thinking, analytical skills, and a broader understanding of historical concepts and perspectives.
GCSE History covers a range of topics, often spanning different periods of history. Some of the common themes studied include:
- Medicine Through Time: Students examine key figures and breakthroughs, such as the Ancient Egyptians’ understanding of the human body, the advances during the Renaissance period, the development of vaccines, and the impact of the Industrial Revolution on healthcare.
- Elizabethan England: Students delve into the Spanish Armada, the Elizabethan religious settlement, the growth of trade and exploration, and the role of individuals like William Shakespeare.
- The American West: This topic looks into the expansion of the United States towards the western frontier during the 19th century.
- Nazi Germany: Students analyse Hitler’s policies, the Holocaust, the impact of propaganda, and the factors that contributed to the eventual defeat of Nazi Germany.
- The Cold War: Students explore the ideological conflict, the arms race, key events like the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Berlin Wall, and the impact of the Cold War on global politics and society.
These are just a few examples of the topics studied in GCSE History. The course aims to provide students with a broad understanding of different periods and aspects of history, fostering skills such as source analysis, interpretation, and evaluation. It encourages students to develop their own perspectives on historical events, promoting an appreciation for the complexities and diversity of the human experience.
We have qualified online history teachers and tutors with experience at helping pupils with KS3 and GCSE geography. Contact us now to discuss your individual requirements for private one to one online tuition.
A-level History Tutors Online
A-level History is an advanced level qualification that builds upon the foundation laid in GCSE History and delves deeper into historical topics, fostering critical thinking, research skills, and a more nuanced understanding of historical events and interpretations.
A-level History covers a wide range of topics, allowing students to explore different periods and regions of history. Some of the common themes and topics studied include:
- British History: This may cover topics such as the Tudor and Stuart monarchies, the English Civil War, the Industrial Revolution, the British Empire, and the impact of World War I and World War II on British society.
- European History: This may include topics like the French Revolution, the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte, the unification of Germany and Italy, the Russian Revolution, and the impact of the two World Wars on Europe.
- American History: Topics covered may include the American Revolution, the Civil War and Reconstruction, the Progressive Era, the Civil Rights Movement, and the United States’ involvement in global conflicts such as World War II and the Cold War.
- International Relations: This may cover topics like the causes and consequences of World War I, the League of Nations, the origins of the United Nations, the Cold War and its proxy conflicts, and the changing nature of global power structures.
- Special Topics: A-level History also allows students to specialise in specific areas of interest. This may involve studying the history of a particular region, such as the Middle East or Asia, or focusing on specific themes, such as the history of medicine, women’s history, or the history of social movements.
A-level History requires students to engage critically with primary and secondary sources, analyse different historical interpretations, and construct well-supported arguments. It emphasises independent research skills, essay writing, and the ability to evaluate and present evidence. The course encourages students to develop a deep appreciation for the complexities of historical events, while also honing transferable skills that are valuable in a wide range of academic and professional pursuits.
How does Online Tuition Work?
Online tuition operates through our virtual classrooms equipped with digital whiteboards that include audio and video features. The sessions may be recorded at your request, allowing you to revisit the lessons as frequently as needed. Furthermore, after each session, you will receive an email with the complete contents of the whiteboard for your reference. Both the tutor and the student can actively contribute to the whiteboard by writing on it, and additional learning materials can be easily uploaded to the shared learning space. This streamlined approach ensures a highly effective and efficient one-on-one tutoring experience, eliminating the need for the student to take notes during the session.
Why choose an online history tutor through Principal Tutors?
- We only work with fully UK qualified history teachers who can deliver all of the requirements of the National Curriculum for history . We choose our online history tutors carefully, based upon their experience and qualification.
- Unlike other providers, we are not simply a directory of tutors. We take time to understand a pupil’s individual needs and match them with the most suitable online history tutor. If you would like to change your allocated tutor, you can contact us at any time.
- We have the ability to provide recordings of our online lessons upon request, so students can watch them back. This helps to embed learning materials and can assist your child in revising topics in between sessions.
- Your online history tutor will provide written feedback after every lesson. This is completely individualised to the learner and will assess their progress towards their goals. This means you, the learner, and your online history tutor, can closely monitor progress.
- We provide customer support (again from a qualified teacher) so if you have any issues or questions about any aspect of your child’s tutoring, we can provide an answer quickly and effectively.
Our online history tutors offer tuition across the learning levels, from GCSEs to A-Levels, to ensure that whatever the stage of learning, we are here to support the student.
The benefits of online history tuition
Engaging in online history tuition offers numerous benefits for students. It allows children to explore their unique learning styles and preferences outside of the traditional classroom setting. Unlike the limitations of a regular classroom, our experienced online history tutors provide one-to-one sessions, enabling flexibility and adaptability to cater to each student’s individual needs.
Online history tuition fosters the development of independent learning skills, which are invaluable for future educational pursuits and adult life. By supporting students in becoming self-reliant learners, this form of tuition helps them build resilience and confidence. Equipping students with independent study skills not only empowers them to overcome challenges but also instils a sense of control over their own learning experience, leading to improved outcomes in school.
Individualized tuition is particularly beneficial for students with specific learning requirements, such as dyslexia. In tutoring sessions, qualified online history tutors, who are experienced UK teachers, can develop personalized support strategies that assist students not only in history but also in overcoming difficulties in other academic subjects. The tutors tailor their instruction to suit the unique learning profile of each young learner.
Furthermore, online tuition has the power to inspire a passion for the subject. Unlike in school, where various factors may affect a student’s enjoyment of a lesson, online tutoring offers a dedicated space to explore history with the guidance of an expert. This focused attention encourages students to develop a genuine interest in the subject, which can have a positive impact on their overall learning experience.
Moreover, online history tuition supports students in improving their grades, both in classroom assignments and exams. Tutoring sessions can incorporate exam practice, helping students prepare effectively for assessments. Tutors provide feedback on specific areas of difficulty and offer revision suggestions, enabling students to practice exam techniques within a supportive environment. This targeted approach enhances students’ academic performance and boosts their confidence.